Ann at Holy Experience is always writing about gratitude and how good it is for the soul/spirit and writing lists of things she is giving thanks for. I want to cultivate gratitude too and also share with you things that I'm thankful for. So here's a list of recent blessings big and small. In no particular order
1- An incredible place to live. Even though it is smaller the kids actually have more space to play and run around (inside). We've painted an accent wall in the living room/kitchen which really "finishes" the room. We like so many things about this place, including the blessing of it being basically free.
2- the yellow calla lillies in the backyard. the lady in the suite next door has a lovely garden which borders our shared square of lawn.
3- sugar-free gelato. Though I'm at risk of overdosing and don't have any desire for more. We've had it three nights in a row. In a nearby cluster of shops I discovered Adria Gelato where they make their own gelato and including Adria ACE which is a sugar-free Orange, lemon and lime combo - complete with vitamin C.
4 - our new stroller. Yup we got one. Went to Baby's World in Coquitlam to atleast test-drive the Valco Twin before we bought it off ebay or craigslist. They didn't have any in stock - which was disappointing. Well, there were a couple other things we could pick up there. I wandered into their adjoining "outlet" store where they have discounted clearance items. Well, would you look at that, yes, I do believe that is a Valco Twin Runabout... oh, and it's 112 dollars off because it's an older model that didn't end up selling. And it's not bubble gum pink or some equally offensive colour, it's just black. I called Lance over and we got the tires pumped up, popped the kids in and pushed them around the store. I just kept laughing and laughing. The thing pushed like a dream - like Denise described the Mountain buggy, I really could push it with my little finger. It turned on a dime. Where have you been all my life little (well not that little) stroller? Long story shorter, after testing it with the third seat attachment - which really is quite the spectacle - we decided to go for it. It was a difficult purchase for a frugal girl like myself, but it was probably the best deal we'd find. We've used it many times already and it is incredible, what a treat to be able to have such a nice stroller.
5 - craigslist. We've been searching craigslist daily for an armoire type entertainment unit that could hold our TV/stereo/record player etc and keep them out of sight and out of reach. We've inquired after many but finally today actually bought one. It has the configuration of doors and shelves that we needed, is solid wood and I think it looks nice. Simple, not gaudy and kind of a goldeny pine colour. I am very happy with it and the price - which was waaaaay less than some of the other one's we were considering. I highly recommend checking out craigslist before you head out to buy something new. The hunt is fun and you'll save money and buying used saves the energy and pollution likely caused by the production of another new item.
6 - mountain views when we look down our street
7 - being so close to Vancouver
8 - reconnecting and anticipating reconnect with coastal friends
9 - my folks being close by and having them call and say, "Hey can we stop by this evening and bring supper?". Uhh...just let me think... YES!!
10 - wildly beautiful children. They are intense and creative and funny and sensitive.
11- new maternity jeans that I actually feel good in. As in, they feel good and I feel they look good. And they were half price at Old Navy.
12 - a God who initiates and continues to pursue a relationship with me.
13 - a wild wiggly one within me
14 - Auntie Jane with us for a week. What a treat for all of us to get to stock up on Jane time. Not to mention how our kitchen would miraculously be cleaned while we put the kids to bed, or having someone scour the bathroom for me, or put away the kids clothes, or laugh like crazy at "Get Smart" with. For a couple of days after she left the kids would say they needed to see her, or ask permission to wake her up. Thanks for coming Jane.
15 - samosas!
Alright, this is an incomplete list, but we're trying to go to bed earlier - the kids have been getting up an hour or more earlier than usual so we need to compensate with our going to bed earlier.
Off to eat a samosa.
Hope you are well.
Aimee
4 comments:
YAY!! So glad you guys got a great stroller and a DEAL to boot! I enjoyed reading your blessings. :)
-de
aimee - couldn't help but notice I didn't make the list...
Just teasing! I love you! What a good post!
Your lil/big bro
Steven
Wow Aimee, these are ALL great things to be thankful for! "the place was "FREE"?" WOW isn't that nice when that happens? We were given our van for free-it's newer than our car and much nicer too-just because the people had enough vehicles! I LOVE those blessings, given at just the right time.
Oh and I'd love to see your new stroller! It sounds impressive.
Post a Comment