Thursday, October 6, 2011

update

Well my class is wonderful. Very hardwork to be drawing and painting for most of the three hour class each week. I am noticing improvement in my ability to more accurately capture details of the model's face. I really love that I get to take this class.

Anders turned three on Monday. Unbelievable!!! We had a lovely party and Lance led games and singing and I (with the help of Anders - oh dear) made a bull-dog cake. Perhaps pictures will come at some point.

We've all been at various stages of colds for a couple of weeks. It seems fall has arrived and with it the standard colds.

We signed the twins up with a homeschooling program run out of a school in East Van. They enjoy going to school one morning a week. The other days we have been learning all sorts of things. Their favorite subject right now is learning about the birds that come to our feeder (thanks Kaack's for the bird love inspiration from years ago!) Eva is taking a ballet class with some other homelearners and Elijah is in swimming lessons. I should say Elijah and Lance are in swimming lessons. Elijah warms up slowly to new situations so Lance has been helping that go smoother by being in the water with him. Each week Elijah interacts more and more with the teacher and this week he came home beaming, so proud that he had participated in the whole lesson!

okay that's all for now, the sun has peaked through and we're going outside!

2 comments:

Claire said...

I really enjoyed this update! Thanks for sharing.

Holly said...

aw, you have a great family and i love hearing about them!