Thursday, June 9, 2011

not quite, but almost

tonight Elijah asked if I would include an "anxious trap door" in my made up story. I know he meant ancient, but it was so cute I didn't want to correct him.

There is also a book about the zoo and the lion was "too fierce" and Elijah always said he was "too nervous" because he knew the word nervous, but the word fierce. I like imagining the nervous lion.

I love when my kids get the words almost right.

2 comments:

arbyn said...

I like the idea of a nervous lion better anyway!

carolyn and steve said...

our girls do that all the time. so cool! the other day, i was very pleased that laura was so compliant to leave the park so we could walk home to get some sunscreen. when we got inside she was asking for her ice cream.