On to brussels sprouts.
When we lived in Burnaby Lance came home from grocery shopping with a bag of brussels sprouts. Determined to give this blackballed veggie another chance I steamed them and patted them with butter. Oh the stench, and the bitterness! They really were gross.
When Lance and I were out for dinner recently (at Culina Highlands in Edmonton - YUM YUM YUM) with dear friends, we ate some delicious mysterious green vegetables. It took us all a second and then we agreed -- brussels sprouts. Sauteed in butter? with maybe some garlic?
Lance brought home another bag of brussels sprouts this week (I was going to abbreviate cause I'm getting tired of typing brussels sprouts, but "Lance brought home another bag of BS" doesn't seem proper, or accurate... funny... but not accurate). Today we tried again and....
Hooray for the redemption of brussels sprouts!
I used this recipe as a loose guide -- basically just for the process. They were wonderful. Not stinky. Not bitter. They are welcome in our house anytime.
Oh, did the kids like them you ask?
Eva gave them a thumbs up that shifted to a thumbs down and back again, Elijah chose carrots, and Anders was in a no-nap-after-church-funk so I don't even know what he got into his stomach. They can try them again next time.
a few more random things:
Since I have been feeling better I've been baking a lot these last couple days. Just out of the oven now are almond butter chocoate oatmeal cookies. Aimee friendly. Can't believe I had just one. Make that two as soon as this post is done.
We've been enjoying the sun we've been getting here lately. The kids and I look for signs of spring and are surprised by the early blooms we are finding. Vibrant purple dwarf irises were are most recent find.
I've been starting to think about this years ghetto garden... it's early, but fun to start planning.
I got a haircut on Saturday.

After taking like 10 shots in photobooth I deemed them all ridiculous. How do you take a photo of your new haircut and try to look all casual, yet friendly, not too "i'm trying to be a model" ... Definitely spending to much time on this. So I decided to show you how I feel about my new cut. Very happy.
Enough of that already. Off to other important things, like folding laundry and going to bed!
hope you are well.
Aimee

5 comments:
oh aimee, i miss your beautiful smile! and i LOVE your haircut :D
oh Aimee Odegard, I love you.
Your hair looks amazing!! It suits you perfectly.
So summery! It's close to how I wore my hair in grade 11. Yours is just a bit shorter in the back and longer in the front.
I LOVE it!
PS. Somehow in the course of me organizing my blog, yours got deleted off my favorites list (!!!)...definitely was NOT intentional. So I have lots of catching up to do on your blog! :)
Post a Comment