On Easter Sunday we hosted a potluck breakfast feast in celebration of Christ's resurrection. Our church (Artisan) meets in the evening on Sundays, and we had a meeting that night, but we thought it would be fun to celebrate in the morning together too. Here are a few pictures. Note the location and orientation of our older son. Definitely an introvert, having a little recharge in the corner.




And, since you might not have gotten a good enough look, here are a couple of photos of my new china! Mom had this in the buffet when we were growing up. It belonged to my Grandpa's adoptive mother (who was his aunt). We didn't use it often because there weren't enough place settings (and it can't go into the dishwasher!) but I remember choosing it whenever I got to set the table for a special meal. It was the most beautiful china pattern I had ever seen... And it still is. I felt so happy washing these dishes by hand, with sunlight streaming in my kitchen window. Something about it felt so good and right. Oh, and I must say, that after mom found out that I would love to have the china, she went to Replacements.com and ordered the missing pieces to complete the set! What a gift. So the china was out in full force for the first time on Easter Sunday and then on Monday as we hosted more friends. Isn't it lovely?
And in case you are wondering, you can find instructions for the tissue paper blossoms here. They were quite simple to make, even considering the hour at which I made them (classic Aimee). Someone asked if I had made them that morning... technically, yes. We really wanted the kids (and all of us) to be in awe and delighted on this day. To celebrate! So we made an effort to add a few special touches that would set the day apart.
Off to bed. We've been having some early mornings around here. And some kids who are sick with colds. Poor little guys.
good night.
Aimee


2 comments:
Aimee, everything about those pictures says peace and celebration and new life. I love it! Elijah is so cute. Josiah is like that too - has a definite need for his own space and time. Lately he makes little caves when he needs a break from Eden and he goes in there to color or play lego by himself. Beautiful china! What a gift.
I can feel the joy of the morning. Beautiful. Now I see the table cloth too. Did Elijah set himself up at the living room desk? Sweet. Eva's Easter dress is a work of art I can see how it captured Lance's attention.
Love you - so happy you are enjoying your inheritances.
Post a Comment