I have always wanted to live in a house that has a pink blossoming tree in the yard. Much to my surprise, this spring (our first in this home) the whole street turned pink as the trees planted on our boulevard burst into bloom. I was not the only one delighted. Eva declared to me last week as she and I were gathering fallen petals, "This is our dream come true, right mom?" The question jolted me from my slightly sour - or at least not in the moment - mood, and I had to agree. Yes, spending time with my daughter gathering petals from the stunning tree in front of our home, yes that is my dream come true.
Today, in a rare, whole-family-together-even-though-it's-crunch-time-end-of-the-semester, moment we enjoyed the last of the petals. I shook the tree while Lance made the video. Before we started taping (do they still call it "taping" even though there is no tape? How about "filming") Anders had been raising both his hands and slowly waving them back and forth - mesmerized by the falling petals. It was awesome.
I love those kids.
3 comments:
we don't have sound on our current computer, so I watched your video without sound - it was mesmerizing. That is truly the stuff dreams are made of. I love those kids too.
Oh Aimee! I love that, yes, that is a dream come true! How absolutely stunning! I have to admit, it's a dream of mine to live on a street like that, maybe one day:)
I'm with Claire, I love those kids too, they are so incredible!!!
Is that Elijah choking on a petal?
Post a Comment