Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Delicious

Anders has been waking up early these days (well early for us) and I have recently (by the grace of God - I mean it) had an attitude change about this. So, instead of dozing on the couch while he nurses and then wanders around the living room, I have begun baking - a lot. Sometimes it's muffins - I'll have to post my current "go to" recipe soon. Other times bread - I've been enjoying learning this art.

Today I made these: Olive Oil Crackers

They're really more of a light flat bread than a cracker. I followed the recipe for the most part, except I subsituted 2 cups whole wheat flour and one cup of white flour, instead of the flours she listed. I sprinkled some with sesame seeds and some with a parmesan herb blend.

They are delicious! And they were very easy to make and roll out.

A couple more delicious recipes I've made for supper lately can be found by following these links:

Shredded Chicken - we used this for tacos and it was incredible (all the guests - and Lance!- said so)

Broccoli Chicken lasagna - a little involved with making a parmesan custard as the sauce, but worth it and very tasty.

Snobby Joes (sloppy joes made from lentils) I used green lentils for this recipe and it was incredible. Claire passed this one along to me. I used one tablespoon of chili powder and they just a hint of spice. Everyone in our house - except Elijah who is our most particular eater - LOVED these. Lance actually preferred them to beef!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Claire said...

good attitude. I severely struggle with a good attitude when my kids wake up early. I am going to try those crackers - they look so good.

Shannon said...

snobby joes is going on my to make list! Thanks for the link to yummy new recipes.