Tuesday, February 9, 2010

home again








Tonight is not the night to delve into the details of the trip. But it was AWESOME. Unbelievable. A gift on so many levels. There was so much beauty. For the eyes to see and the heart to feel. An extravagant blessing.

And now I am home. And it is really good. So good to be with these people - big and small - that I love and that love me. When I peeked in on the sleeping kids when I arrived home last night, I smiled so big it almost hurt. It was good to go and now I am glad to be back. The sun was out in full force today, I think that lessened the blow of leaving California!

I came home to a spotless house - which is proof that Lance is a better housekeeper than I am. But that is no surprise to me! I am inspired to try to keep on top of things a little more...that said, I really do need to unpack the suitcase that has sat in the middle of the living room floor all day.

more later!

5 comments:

Avey said...

It looks like it was a great trip - and it looks so WARM. When you're in the middle of an Alberta winter it can be hard to imagine it being warm anywhere in the world. I'm glad you had a great trip.

Shannon said...

it is always nice to come home.

Donnie is a far better homemaker than I ever hope to be. But it makes it easier to go away too. (knowing nothing will fall apart)

Claire said...

ooooooo looks awesome!! I love your long hair too Aimee! Looking forward to more details!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had some time with J to renew your spirit. Those kids and hubby will seem all the much sweeter now that you've had some time away....
can't wait to hear the stories.

Anonymous said...

it looks nice and hot out there! I love trips with friends :)