Thursday, January 7, 2010

quick thoughts

"The clear witness of Scripture is that something beyond good intentions and willpower is needed to transform our ego-centric, greed-captivated personalities into an all-inclusive community of loving sharing persons" Richard Foster

I just started a book called, "Parent Trek: nurturing creativity and caring in our children" by Jeanne Zimmerly Jantzi. This Foster quote caught my eye - and heart - and seemed just right for the season of New Years resolutions or fresh starts. I need something beyond good intentions. So grateful for the Holy Spirit.

Aimee

ps. I highly recommend the book, check it out on MCC's website: click here

while you're at the site, look around and be encouraged by the stories of God's work in the world. I just loved this story about sewing: click here The slideshow/interview is worth watching. I was inspired hearing about this elderly couple's dedication, by way of a simple sewing project, to serving God and loving the people he has created.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks I will have a look at the links :) I love loving-sharing persons! hehe I too am grateful for the Holy Spirit!!

ElleBelle said...

yeah...i need a quote like that today.