

This was the scene at our house at 10pm last thursday.
Let me explain.
Our homegroup from church was that night, Lance was sick so he stayed in bed. I lead the group, mangled the snack, and wrangled children. By the time the night was over my left arm was sore from carting (not so) little fussy Anders around all evening. Elijah was asleep before the group arrived, and then an hour later woke up asking, "Is it awake time". No my little friend it is not! Eva kept calling out for updates on who had arrived. My pumpkin loaf baked for probably 2hrs and still came out like pudding. So the group - good sports - ate it, and sliced apples for snack. Turns out that even though I was completely scattered for the whole evening as people left I felt very full. As I was in and out with a crying babe and tending to the older kids I still got to hear snatches of what the group members were sharing with each other and I was very blessed by their honesty and hope.
So, after everyone left Lance and I talked for awhile in our room...then we heard giggling, lots of giggling. We emerged from the room to hear silence. Then we discovered them; Elijah has snuck into Eva's room and was up on her loft bed under the covers with her. We pulled up the covers and they (and we) laughed and laughed. Then, hungry, Lance and I made some popcorn and invited the kids to a popcorn picnic. We figured since we were going to have to redo bedtime anyways we may as well make a memory first. The kids were VERY excited. Elijah said his signature, "We haven't done this in a weewy wong time" - which either means what it says or, like that night, means we have never done this before.
So we had a good time - except Anders who doesn't eat popcorn yet. And then had stories, prayers and went right to sleep.
What a night.
I'm hoping this Thursday doesn't end up being a repeat.
9 comments:
what a great, happy story. I love it.
And nice couch...is it new? I like it.
The blanket under neath is a great idea!!! We sometimes have popcorn for supper:) Feel better Lance, having a closer look at that photo it definitely looks like he was under the weather.
I need my Mac book looked at. I only see one picture and it is a great one. Way to make something weewy special out of an out of snick night.
I feel like a genius. I discovered and fixed the place where your pictures were blocked. I am so happy and enjoying a bunch of new ones.
I love that you took a moment that could have been filled with "go to bed right now!" and transformed it into a moment of beauty. thanks for the inspiration. (i'm readin this as I sit here frustrated that big she won't go to sleep..."
What a wonderful family moment - way to put aside the frustration and instead create a memory. Looks like fun :) ... although I wish for you that it doesn't repeat too often as well!
my cousins have popcorn for supper every Sunday and watch a movie together. Granted, they are all older, but it inspired me that some times a little bit of crazy is a very good thing.
love popcorn...such a great comfort food.
When I'm alone, feeling lonely, Jeff's out...what do I do to comfort myself?
Put in a good movie (one I've seen before and we own), sit down, and eat popcorn watching it...YUM!!
And I sure hope it doesn't happen again tonight !! Even though it sure looks like a great memory for your family :)
Post a Comment