Monday, November 9, 2009

J & J

A big congratulations to Jane (Lance's sister) and Jason who just got engaged and are getting married this February!! We're excited to be a part of their celebration and to welcome Jason into our family.

This photo of them - and Anders - was from the summer when they met me in Kimberley to take care of Anders while I took photos at Elli's wedding. It was my first time meeting Jason and he was already doing me a major favor, driving out and helping Jane with Anders. He obviously got in my good books right away! We have heard nothing but good about him and look forward to getting to know him more. We rejoice with you guys!



The funny thing about this picture is that it looks like Anders is their baby and the funny thing about that has to do with Eva and Elijah's view of marriage. When the twins found out that Jason had asked Auntie Jane to marry him they were very excited. They were happy that they would be husband and wife...and then they immediately launched into talking about babies. "Auntie Jane is going to have a baby" they'd exclaim delightedly! "Yes, one day she will, first she's getting married" we'd say. Then they'd get right back into their baby excitement. I guess we can see what they view the purpose of marriage is eh? BABIES!!!! So the big news is that Jane is getting married, no matter how excited the twins are about babies!

Once again, congratulations Jason and Jane.

7 comments:

carolyn and steve said...

Yay!! Awesome!!! She is such a uber special lady.

Anonymous said...

I always thought marriage was for babies too, but sometimes that's just not the case. What do you tell the children then? Do you talk about it? Or do they grow up thinking its normal to have babies and those that can't are strange, or rather that there's something wrong with them? I know that's what I thought. But marriage changed that thought all together for me! Anyhow I wish all the best to the Jason and Jane! And Congratulations to your kids for getting a new Uncle! Hehe :)

Aimee said...

Demara, Good question. We do talk about it as we have many friends who are married and have kids and many friends who are married and do not. Just yesterday morning Eva said, "Some people have babies and some people don't" She stated it as just kind of a matter of fact. Thanks for bringing that up.

Claire said...

Beautiful picture Jane, so joy-filled! And Congratulations!

Kathy said...

I don't see the picture. I'm trying to see the picture. I'm excited to see the picture. Maybe the picture is broken.

Congratulations to Jane and Jason!! (Even if I can't see the picture)

I get a bang out of your kids.

Terri Boschman CityCreations said...

I wonder what their opion on Nelson and I are...hahaha

Kathy said...

I'm on your dad's computer and I see LOTS more pictures. I'm so happy to meet Jason! God Bless you two Jane and Jason! What a good looking couple.