Monday, November 16, 2009

an assortment of thoughts.

I've been thinking and planning for Christmas gift-giving. My head is whirling with thoughts of the real meaning of Christmas, what we want our kids to come to expect at Christmas, what they (and I!) think Christmas is about, an overload of stuff in our home and our tendency to over consume on many levels over the holidays.

But, I don't feel I have time or the energy to sort out and type my thoughts tonight. I will post a link to a post I just read. I like some of her ideas and the over all feel. Not changing Christmas habits out of guilt but out of joy. Not cutting out giving, but rethinking ways to give. Focussing on time and really BEING together. "the greatest present we can give each other is our genuine presence." I like that, I want to be free (of endless lists and worries) to give my genuine presence this year.

Check out: Daily Portion: A Modest Proposal

Let me know what you think.

Off to do a little design work.

Oh - I got to have a visit with Shannon and Cherylene today. What a treat. I haven't seen Shannon in for sure 11 years, maybe 15! And haven't seen Cherylene for a few either. It was fun to connect in person.

And one more thing:
"Taste and see that the LORD is good. Blessed are those who take refuge in him" Psalm 34:8
A verse that has been on my mind lately. The whole Psalm is wonderful. May the Spirit lead me (and you too) to believe and trust that these words are true.

bye.
aimee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christmas? it's sure not what it was... for me now.

Perhaps this is a topic for a post... maybe tomorrows.

I agree... our presence is more important than presents by far!

cv said...

It was sure LOVELY to see you and your little clan Aimee. Thanks for making the trip!