We're watching home videos of the twins when they were 7 months. It's great. Eva and Elijah love guessing who is who. I just can't believe we had TWO babies. I can see the Christmas tree in the background - the first one we ever paid for. It is decked with only lights - that was all the energy we could muster that year. Eva recognized that it was our Camrose house. It's crazy to see pieces of Anders in them. And to see their current selves in their baby selves. Eva is so herself - intense observant eyes, she's had those since birth.
And it is strange seeing myself. Three years have gone by. I look so young. So much water has passed under the bridge since then. So many changes. Hard and good ones. I'm glad to be exactly where I am right now. That was a wonderful time, but I'd only want to live it once.
And now about today. Still sick. Yuck. Now Lance is in the worst of it. Please pray for him. It's hitting him way harder than me.
Also it seems we are in some sort of nap transition with Anders. He's been resisting his second nap... resulting in a much earlier bedtime...leading to some early starts to days (nothing compared to Heidi and Tristan, but compared to our usual 7:30 it's bad). So now I'm contemplating a switch to one slightly later nap. We'll see how it goes. But you can be sure the little guy won't be going to bed at 7:30 tonight! It makes for a quiet evening...and a difficult morning. I don't like being awake when the stars are out!
We've been inside way too much this week. The older kids are so cranky. I think from being sick and being cooped up and having parents operating at a lower level of energy. Too many movies and not enough exercise. This too shall pass. Right?
Ugh. I'm highly attuned to arguing, since there has been so much around here lately. Twice today movie characters were whining/arguing and I just cringed. I have enough of that and can't stand anymore in our "entertainment"!
Okay, I'm going to have a little rest.
Aimee
ps. videos to come!!
4 comments:
I can't believe you had two babies either!! So much does happen in 3 years doesn't it? we've been watching home videos lately too and can't get over how much of Josiah now we could see in little Josiah. I hope the sickness lifts over there!!
awake when stars are out? oh dear...i use to go to bed when the sun was just rising! hehe
but yes sleeping under the stars is wonderful, I so forgot it, but now with our pitch black backyard/view, we are camping in our home! LOVE it :))
I can't wait to see those videos! They are of the twins as babies right?
It would be fun to see a before one and then one of them now :)
aww, i feel for you. the actual time of the early morning is relative.. if its earlier than what you've been used to for so long, it sucks! tristan decided to go down to one nap on his first birthday. yikes, i wasn't ready for it either but no amount of coercing could convince him to take 2 naps.
there was something else i was going to comment on and i totally can't remember. we just got internet back for a short time and yours was the blog i decided to visit first! :)
ah yes, now i remember what i was going to say: don't ever rent/watch disney's "the incredibles". there are SO many scenes where parents are yelling at kids and at each other and the kids are whiny and its just awful. someone bought it for us and i'm seriously considering donating it to the thrift store. there are also days where tristan wants to watch the tv show "caillou" and i won't let him cuz that kid is just so whiny it drives me crazy!!
Post a Comment