We are on the mend. Daily tasks aren't overwhelming anymore. We are watching way less movies and eating more home cooked meals - meal I made that is, we were eating homecooked meals last week, but they were made by others.
Lance is on reading week and is working very hard to catch up and get ahead. It seems that the reading for grad school is always insurmountable. He loves school and it is hard when he cannot give the time to it that he would like too.
Oh, big news. Anders has been taking some steps. Pretty fun. Lance just stood him up one morning and then called him, he took a couple of steps. We were able to get his second steps on video. I need to get some videos onto the computer so I can post them.
It's been grey here yesterday and today - a foretaste of the months to come I suppose. But we have umbrellas and raincoats so at the very least we could just go for a rainy day walk when cabin fever gets extreme.
I'm almost done reading Donald Miller's latest book - A million miles in a thousand years, on sale at my dad's store - click the link! It is incredible. Inspiring. Honest. Hilarious. Memoirs are my absolute favorite kind of book, especially those that share candidly about the struggles of life and faith. Things aren't wrapped up neatly, but things are real, sometimes dark, and yet there is hope too. I'm trying to steal away every minute I can to finish it today. I'll be sad when I'm done, but then I can loan it to a friend.
I'm cooking dinner for a family from our church tonight. They just had their first baby and some ladies from church are providing meals for a week. I haven't done this much...and you know my woes with cooking. So I'm planning on using the tried and true meat pinwheels recipe from Mennonite Girls Can Cook. But something must go with that... cooked veggies I think, maybe salad? The folks I'm preparing the meal for are very gracious, so I shouldn't be worried. And come to think of it, when we received meal upon meal for our freezer after the twins were born we even got chef boy r d (how do you write that?) in tupperware topped with cheese. So simple pinwheels and veggies I'm sure will be fine!
Well, I better go.
hope you are well.
aimee
5 comments:
oh I snorted at the idea of someone giving you canned ala chef BD.
I enjoy cooking but I go nuts when cooking for other people. I am soooo worried they wont like it.
But then I've spent an afternoon cooking only for the child to tell me they didn't eat it and mommy bought a pizza. oh well.
it sure is quite grey and dark out side tonight isn't it? I did see a bit of sunshine this afternoon though and felt it too, it was hot!
Glad you all are feeling a bit better :)
I also laughed (probably more acurrately snorted) at the chef boy ar dee (lol) comment. And also at Shannan's comment about the family not eating the meal! :)
Thanks for the book recommendation. I love reading books that I'm sad will end.
oh, and glad you are all on the mend!
Wow, he took some steps. How exciting!
I can't believe Anders is taking steps. He's getting so big.
You could always just get them a case of mac n cheese...
Post a Comment