Thursday, June 25, 2009

while I worked

on some computer issues, relating to the mysterious disappearance of ALL my photos, my kids ate almost an entire tub of peach yogurt and finished off half a bag of crispy minis. They sure enjoyed being unattended in the kitchen.

Lance has been talking for many months about replacing my computer. Now, after this disaster I am pretty sure he was right all along. I don't mind him being right, I just wish I didn't have to lose the photos in order to realize that.

So in the midst of everyday life and packing and Lance writing summer school papers I am on the apple website trying to get help from people who are much smarter than I, but gracious too. Please pray. In the grand scale this is not huge - I've got most of the photos backed up, but many are not (february on and some previous ones too). But pictures are important to me. I love capturing moments... so thanks.

Aimee

4 comments:

Claire said...

oh I am soooo sorry Aimee. This happened to us a while back. Josiah dropped our laptop and the hard drive died. We lost all of our files (we too had much of it backed up or online somewhere) but some of it...like pictures and video were gone. I really hope that you can recover yours. I know there is a very expensive process that will allow you to pretty much recover anything, but hopefully you will be able to do it without that. :( sorry.

Kathy said...

Oh dear. Praying they are recovered.

Terri Boschman CityCreations said...

I am sooo sorry Aimee. That is a terrible feeling. I will that your pictures will be recovered.

Anonymous said...

Are you using an external hard drive for saving onto now? We just started doing that a couple months ago. I was surprised at how fast it was to copy all existing files over! Anyhow I hope you find that computer and soon:) I like your photos and I would hate for you to loose em:| as for Apple idk we are Dell IBM people, probably because its cheaper:)