
Hi, so we're back home now. Our other home. Camrose feels like home, sort of. I guess that's how it is when you move away and then come back to visit. Our trip was very full - rich and sad and good and busy and tiring and joyful and pukey. We are glad to be home and getting needed rest. Three out of five of us had the flu and Eva and Elijah still have bad coughs and today I have a runny nose...again. We have had so many colds this winter already. Anyways the kids are in their highchairs making crafts right now (thanks Jane and Gramps for the stickers and paints), so I thought I'd do a quick post. Oh, no, Anders isn't doing a craft, but he is sitting in his bouncy seat watching and cooing about the action.
It is snowing...still. We had hoped to return and find it melted. I love snow... but over two feet, in a town that is completely ill-equipped to deal with it gets hard after awhile. We arrived home and Lance spent 2hrs shoveling out our parking spot. Boy was he sore later. We don't even have a shovel so I had to phone our elderly baptist friend (you know the one I was going to visit her church just to make her happy - we never did) and see if we could borrow hers.
The kids have been decompressing and a little extra owly. The parents too, to be honest. Lance is off for just over a week and I am glad about that.
My mom mentioned to me her sadness at how Christmas is so quickly over for many people. She said Merry Christmas a few people at church last Sunday and they all responded (corrected?) with "Happy New Year". I thought a little about it and realized that I'm not ready for Christmas to be over either. I think that if you really focus on advent preceding Christmas, then one day is not enough to celebrate Christmas. I guess in the church year there is Epiphany (celebrating the magi finding Jesus) on January 6 (?) and the season of Christmas officially goes until then. I will certainly be celebrating until then and maybe past. With all the rush and busyness of Christmas eve/day/boxing day I am glad for the relaxed downtime that follows. It is a good time to gather things up and like Mary, ponder them in my heart. Things that are helping me in celebrating Christmas so far: Carolyn Arends Christmas song, "Come and See" which I have blogged about in years past, and a stack of ultra dark chocolate bars from Jane.
hoping to nap soon. Elijah is asleep, Eva is chattering, and Anders is sucking his soother like he hopes something will come out, I get the hint little guy. :)
Merry Christmas.
AImee
5 comments:
"Anders is sucking his soother like he hopes something will comes out..."
I love when Alexys does that, it's so cute and it gets louder and louder. And we too wish the snow would stop (as I gaze out the window at the large flakes). Sigh.
We dont have a shovel either. John-Mark had to garbage-can-lid us out on Christmas day.
keep all that white cold stuff faaaarrrrr away.
The pictures are too cute though. Is she licking her upper lip? Brianna is so chapped from doing that.
wow that's a great picture of Eva with her tongue sticking out like "mmmm...snow tastes good!" I'm glad you made it home safely! welcome back! :)
it seems our two kids are decompressing and being extra owly these days too. i long for things to be back to normal in terms of our routine, but i too, feel the season went too fast. I found it VERY weird for people to be wishing me a happy new year at church on dec. 28th, especially since the Christmas Eve services were cancelled.
we kept our decorations up until yesterday. And since today is the 6th, i'll still wish you a Merry Christmas (and slip in a happy new year)
Post a Comment