hi folks.
we are in the home stretch. or the leaving home stretch. Haven't really been actually absorbing, or taking time to let it hit me how sad it is to be leaving here. Planning our last get togethers with friends. Taking pictures off the walls... it is really happening. I think, even just in this minute of letting myself feel (before I rush off and pack a couple more boxes) that I am sad. We are leaving so many good things. These past 5 years have been very full. Very rich. Friendships growing. Tonnes of time with Lance's family. Our family growing. Learning about life. Growing in love for each other. Working through differences. Enjoying our first home...
I don't have the time to write this post now.
But I will say this is a crazy week. We're trying to be all packed by thursday night. Then move in with Odegards. Friday and Sat. morning will be for cleaning. Then Saturday afternoon my relatives arrive with the truck. Load it up (wanna help?). Sunday morning we'll leave this town and head off to BC, taking the trip in two days. Planning to move in to our Burnaby place on Tuesday (wanna help unload?). I guess that means in a week we'll be in our new home. wow.
Okay better go.
prayers appreciated.
lots more to say. another day.
Aimee
7 comments:
Wow Aimee, this post reminded me so much of packing up to move from Calgary. I'm pretty sad you guys are leaving, but am just trying my best not to think about it because it makes me pretty sad. No matter how excited you are about your move and your new home, the actual leaving part is always pretty tough. Sending some prayers up.
Hello is much easier than goodbye. I know this. Praying for you and ready to help at this end.
Love,
Mom
Hey Avey - Thanks for your offer of help on that end!
ahh! I had checked back, and dint notice that you had started a new blog, I assumed the old one would just go private!!
I just now checked my gmail, which I never do, and saw your email. Thanks for letting me in, you have some amazing photos, the one of Eva in the tunel? Oh and your son drinking the water? Wow, amazing.
Burnaby? Tuesday? July 3rd? Wow! (unload? I'll have to discuss this with Jeff, but we may be able to help.) I'm so excited for you guys!!!
Jeff and I play ball hockey in Burnaby at their "Confederation Park". It's real nice and a public library shares the grounds as well as a water park and much more!!! It's a beautiful place.
Demara
boooo :( we're going to miss you. But I know that you have good adventures ahead, and we'll look forward to visits! love you guys. lots.
Good bye is always difficult but hello is always excitng- I will miss you Aimee but at least I have you here in "blog world!"
Oh Aimee - I keep forgetting to tell you that I think it's so important that you don't delete the old blog! Eva and Elijah will LOVE to read it someday.
Post a Comment