The kids have been enjoy playing in a wading pool in the back yard. Elijah in his husky voice exclaims, "Me in da WADA!". Eva prefers to put a small Rubbermaid stool in the pool and sit on that while she pretends she is mixing and making and eating some food.
Early this week after breakfast we headed out the back door towards the van, on our way to superstore. I knew we'd have to move fast to make it past the sightline to the pool without someone seeing it and demanding to go in. Ever observant Eva spotted it and began meandering over. I knew time was limited since she'd now alerted Elijah to the pools presence. I picked her up like a screaming, kicking sack of potatoes and rushed her to the van, all the while encouraging Elijah to follow me to the van. I hastily buckled the angry girl in her seat and by the time I was back in the yard Elijah had been in - how could he resist - and out - where were mom and Eva off to anyways? - of the pool. Running shoes and all. After a quick trip inside to redress we were back in the van, everyone with okay attitudes. Buckled the boy in and... keys? no, not again. I have recently locked myself and the kids out of the house, but that time had the stroller and was planning on going for a walk anyways, so we just walked to the school and got a key from Lance. This time the outing planned did not include dragging the kids in the wagon (strollers being safely locked in the garage) to the school, getting a key, dragging them back and THEN heading to superstore - all on limited approaching third trimester energy.
The new plan: Aimee would muster up her courage and walk over to her neighbors' place, ask to use the phone, then wait for Lance to walk home with a key. But I am shy. I know you don't believe it. Oh I so didn't want to do that. But wait, one more check right? The keys hadn't been within view when I peered in the kitchen. Now looking in the van again I spotted them, nestled in the cupholder. Had I put them there? Maybe. Do I think so? Not sure. But maybe it was a small miracle for a tired shy mom. I thanked Him regardless, and off we went.
So today, before heading out the door I used the pool water to give my flowers a drink, then poured the rest on the lawn. The kids went straight to the van and we were buckled in and on our way without incident. Ahh. That felt good.
Well I think I better go. No nap for Eva Grace. Though she has been happily chattering away in her crib for a LONG time. I went in to check on her and she said she wanted to pee in the toilet. We tried and waited and waited. Nothing. So I wrestled a reluctant girl back into her clothes and off to bed. I'm a little nervous about what I'll find now when I go in. We've been putting her sleepers on backwards and haven't had a stripping incident in about a week!!! Thanks so much for that tip!
Okay see you later. Glad you made it here.
Aimee
4 comments:
okay, now its MY turn to say i hear your heart! i locked myself out of the house only 2 days ago and, since josh works in a town 45 min away, there was no option but to push all shyness away and boldly knock on the neighbor's door. josh had an EXTREMELY short work day that day, but it was his birthday, so it was all good :) i love reading about snippets of your life, they make me feel perfectly normal!
Aimee what a wonderful post. such good writing.
i love you from germany
steven.
Iche haba flizakaka
(i have explosive diarrhea)
Backwards sleepers (with zippers) do the trick!? I had thought of that too, glad you found something that works!!!
Glad your kids obeyed and were buckled into their seats the next time you were going out!
I too am shy!
HAHA LOL Steven is SO funny!!! :D
Hey there Aimee!!
Just wanted to let you know that I'm back into blogging again, except it's through xanga and I think you have to have a membership to be able to leave a comment... but that's ok.. I know you like to read (although, there's nothing exciting yet...) here it is www.xanga.com/ReachingforFreedom
Post a Comment