Friday, May 27, 2011

Conversation at the supper table

This afternoon Lance called a family meeting with just the kids and himself to talk about tomorrow - my 31st birthday. The kids were very excited after the meeting and kept saying how they couldn't wait for tomorrow. Eva was sure she wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. At supper Elijah had a question for me...

Elijah: "Mama, were you still hoping for a mixer?"

I was at first confused at how this topic came up out of no where... then I remembered the meeting.

Mama: "Yes I am still hoping for a mixer"

Elijah: "Oh, cause you're not going to get one" With this declaration he gives a mischievous grin and sideways squinty eyed glance to Lance.

The other kids pipe in going on and on about how I'll never get one. I join the act and say how I did really want one and hope to get one someday.

They all look at each other and then to papa and are obviously quite pleased at what their stealth reconnaissance uncovered.

Mama does indeed still want a mixer. Which she will undoubtably be VERY surprised to receive in the morning.

I will treasure this conversation always!!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

It's a terrific conversation - but too bad you will not be getting a mixer ; )

heidi said...

THAT is cute. reminds me of last christmas when tristan came downstairs holding a package that he had helped daddy wrap. "mommy, me and sam bought you this christmas gift... and its NOT socks." enjoy your new mixer!

carolyn and steve said...

priceless! and aimee, i love the way you told the story. i could see it so clearly! your family is amazing. happy birthday!!
carolyn