Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Two things








On sunday Anders turned TWO!!!!! The kids and I (Lance last minute had to work) went to Abbotsford for a fall birthday celebration with my family (mom and dad and Sarah all have birthdays in October) We had a lovely breakfast at Schulz's and then went to Willowview farms where we picked pumpkins and then a ton of apples. The trees were dwarf so the kids could pick too. They really enjoyed it and I did too. Anders' favorite part seemed to be finding apples (on the ground on trees in the wagon...) and taking just a few bites before moving on to the next one. We picked Elstar and Spartan. I've a ton of apples in the garage and an applesauce making evening on the horizon.

Anders is definitely growing up. He is talking way more. Starting to put two words together - like, "Eeeah, WAY" (Eva away - meaning, "get out of my space Eva!"). He is also getting better at manipulating toys and is getting the hang of blocks and duplo. He loves to be involved in everything - this causes a little frustration with the older siblings - but some moments they all three play together and it is beautiful. This morning Eva invited him to read with her and they sat snuggled on the couch for quite a while. Anders is energetic, hilarious, soft-hearted and affectionate. We are enjoying him so much and are grateful for the gift he is to our family.

Also, today my friend Julie flies to Paris. She is moving there. And as Lance has said, "Our loss is Paris' gain". I haven't added any new blog links for a while because there are big blog changes in the works and I thought I'd wait till then, but really I have no idea when I'll get that all together. So Julie, today on the day of your departure I am finally adding your link! Sorry it has taken forever. Bon Voyage friend!


5 comments:

Miranda said...

that first picture is priceless.

Kristal Sawyer said...

I can't believe he's already two?!? My time flies. What cute kids you have!

Claire said...

Happy Birthday little friend.

julie said...

oh i just saw this.
tears and hugs from paris.
i walked all over hells half acre today.

Demara said...

You're NOT KIDDING!! Anders is looking SO GROWN-UP...boy how time passes.