
they called out:
Elijah: "JENNA!!"
Eva: "and Pete"
Elijah: "We know we WIKE PETE!"
then on to one of the galleries where we saw these guys...


And both kids immediately shouted out "LEIF!!" "KARYS" and then Elijah went on to explain how he hugs Leif when he goes to his house and Eva chimed in that she hugs Karys.
Being uprooted is a hard thing. As our years in Camrose begin to seem like the distant past I am feeling longing grow. A longing to not lose connection. Not lose our place in that community. I want the best of here and the best of there. I want all the things we love about the coast and the people here and all that we loved about Camrose. The small town feel. Sunshine. Our house. Close friends with kids for ours to grow up with. Grammie, Gramps, Jane...
And yesterday I longed for my kids to not forget. Not forget our house. To remember splashing in sprinkler, digging in the garden, feeling the grass under their feet, playing in the living room. To not forget our community. People who waited for their arrival. People who filled our freezer and fed us all for the first months of their life (okay, fed me and I fed them). The people who loved them and played with them. People who dropped in. Babysat. Laughed. People who know us well.
And I know that it's too much to hope for. Memories of before age two don't tend to stick.
But yesterday they remembered. People who are important to us. And my heart felt warm as I hoped again to be able to work for those connections to stay in place and maybe even grow.
we've got a big weekend ahead of us so I better get preparing.
Have a lovely weekend and may you feel more connected to those who love you.
aimee
5 comments:
Oh Aimee, you're so sweet. I love that you posted some of my pictures. Camrose isn't the same place without your family.
What a special post. I love the way you look at life.
You'll have to come back to Camrose for a big visit sometime soon. Maybe you'll be able to make it out to the Christiansen's 2nd annual bbq?
Aimee, that totally made me cry!! We, over here, miss you too! xoxo
It's hard to have pieces of your heart in various places. I am anticipating a potential (very likely) move to Vancouver soon and will soon know what its like to miss those close to me. Hopefully this will be a chance to benefit from the good company of new friends, such as your family. Camrose is a special place and I can sympathize with you on that. As long as you keep the connections alive, Camrose and your Camrose friends/family will always be with you.
I love you. Thank you for this post.
It was nice to see THEM again! THX
Post a Comment