a random list of funny things around these parts:
On Mother's day we went to Abbotsford and went to Whitespot - my favorite burger place. We had a lovely time. Then on to Mom's and saw Abrahams', the kids liked playing with Sarah. Then together with my folks we went to Grandpa and Grandma Klassens. Lots of relatives were there and we had a great relaxed time swimming, visiting and eating pizza and carrot sticks. And homemade buns! Well Grandma Kathy - whatever got into her I don't know, maybe she did this because Steven wasn't there to do it! - shared her Coke COKE!!! with the twins. They both like it a lot. Gross! So later as we were at a gas station Elijah saw a picture of some pop.
"I wike pop... You wike pop mama?"
I told him I didn't really like it because it makes my tummy hurt.
he replied,
"Pop makes my tummy WIGGLE!"
Grandma sent us home with a bag of homemade buns. This morning Eva ate almost three whole buns. Guess white buns taste like cake to them too. I couldn't resist and had two for breakfast, I'm feeling the effect of those delicious refined carbs!
Elijah, just now eating fruit tarts (frozen tart shells filled with frozen berries, then baked, delicious, easy, no sugar) turned to me and said through a smiley berry covered face, "I weawy wike pie!" I will be sad when those "W"s become the "L"s they were always meant to be.
The other day I was having a really rough day and I was frustrated. I couldn't hide it so I just told the kids. Everyone was a little owly. Eva said,
"Yeah, we're frustrated, but we're still smiling"
Not 5 minutes later something else set me off and I said I was mad. Elijah said, with krinkled scowly eye brows,
"I'm mad too. But we should do good things" Now I was more curious than mad. What is something good we should do?
"Clean" he said. A boy after his grammy's heart.
Bedtimes can get long and drawn out with endless requests for water and snacks. We've put an end to the snack requests by emphasizing how we can't get their teeth dirty again after we just cleaned them. One morning, shortly after we started saying this, I offered Eva some food,
"No! My teeth will get dirty!" oops.
So now no one asks for snacks, but water and blanket arrangement and snuggling are often requested. One night Eva politely asked,
"Mama would you mind getting me some water please" Yes my dear, if you ask so nicely I will do almost anything for you!
Elijah has been really into wooden trains lately. He has some Thomas ones and some "fake" ones. All are enjoyed. Well Lance kept getting frustrated while building tracks, there just weren't enough pieces for the creative tracks he had in mind. He and the older kids went to the mall one day and came home with a TONNE more track pieces and a new train for Eva - Rosie, she's purple with red wheels and spends almost no time on the tracks, but just in whatever house Eva has created for her. After unpacking all the new pieces Lance set to creating an elaborate twisting track with bridges and tunnels. When he had completed it he laughed as he watched Eva and Elijah, driving their trains in and out of the "shed" (a plastic storage bin) - paying no attention to the track he had made.
The kids love stickers. I am a saver and so I have many stickers from over the years. Leftover from various times of life. But let me give a piece of advice:
If you hoard stickers from when you were a child, don't expect them to stick 20 years later when you finally decide to share them with your children.
That is what I learned after the Mcgee 'n Me stickers (probably scavenged from an old VBS curriculum) from my childhood were floating all over my house after my kids had attempted to stick them to their construction paper.
Tonight Lance is looking at a couple of suites. Please join us in praying for God's direction. It's hard to know if we should hold out for something better - cheaper or bigger or better location or dishwasher or garden - or just go for it if the place is mostly good. Thanks.
Well I better go. I released the kids from their "naps" - actually rest times since they rarely nap - and they are now playing quietly in Eva's room with the gate on. There is much rejoicing when I agree to let them join each other instead of having to stay in their own rooms. They do like being alone for awhile but sooner or later they want someone to be with them. So while I have them cooped up and still happy I should do some cleaning or resting or both!
Hope you are well.
Aimee
4 comments:
thanks for the smiles, aimee. and now i'm craving a whitespot burger!!
Mark laughed pretty hard at the line, "pop makes my tummy wiggle". What funny kids you have. I love your posts.
What a precious chronicle, Aimee of these days with 2 two, nearly three-year-olds!
love all those stories!
Post a Comment