started on sunday --
this morning we are home from church. Lance is gone leading worship and I have three sick kids. But it's not as bad as it sounds. The older two are curled up watching Boz and sipping water and the little guy is in his saucer talking away.
we all had a lovely day yesterday. Anders and I joined up with Celia (whose birthday it was!) and Kristen and went to Bellingham got a few deals at Target and then stopped at Sonic (in Ferndale) on the way home. Very very fun to have a "girls" day.
Meanwhile Lance, Adam and the kids spent the day at Golden Ears provincial park (click here) The Kinneys were camping there and John-Mark and Cassy were there too. The kids had a great time at the adventure playground and just playing in the woods around the campsite.
A couple more thoughts about my birthday. I felt very blessed. I received some very special phone messages and emails from friends and family. A super fudgy chocolate layer birthday cake. Yes you read that right! And it was completely legal and sugar-free. Mom brought it out from a sugar-free bakery in Abbotsford. Lance (who is a fake sweetner detector) said he couldn't even tell it was sugar-free! It was delicious and fun to have my first "normal" birthday cake in 8 years. Also I got some wonderful and unique gifts. Mom and dad (along with some other great sugar-free baking) gave me a set of three pictures in one frame. Mom had taken the photos when Anders was about a week old. We have affectionately named them "mom sandwich" as I am sandwiched by all three of my children. I just love it! Celia gave me my blog...she printed and bound all the posts on my blog since it's beginning. I couldn't believe it. What a great gift. I felt a little self-absorbed liking a gift of my own words so much. But I guess I really appreciated that she knew me well enough to know I'd like that and that she took the time to do it. And from Lance (with advice from Avey) I got a flash for my camera. This is very exciting and will make a big difference to the quality of my indoor photos. I've tried it out and already love it - I've got a lot of reading to do to even start to understand it's capabilities.
---
back to today.
I am contemplating a big break from the internet... a while ago I wrote about only going on twice a day...well that lasted for a couple days. And it was good. But now I want to try a fast for a while. Not sure when I will start and what exactly it will look like. No email? We'll see. I need to choose things that fill me up and checking blogs and surfing...even looking at interesting and good things - doesn't. Can leave me feeling emptier. Less satisfied. definitely less present where I actually am. So I'll let you know when I'm disappearing - and you know there is always real mail and the telephone...
okay that's all for now.
aimee
3 comments:
Aimee, I agree with you about feeling empty after being on the internet for a while. There is something that it takes from you rather than giving. I struggle with how much time to spend online and I don't have three kids. :) I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who feels like that.
Naomi
wow...I didn't see this post until now. Sounds like your birthday was really special this year! I'm glad you received a lot of meaningful gifts. ooo, about the internet. It's hard, because it's a time-sucker (and not always a life-filler) and yet, it is such a quick, easy, convenient way to stay in touch with people. I'm interested to hear how it goes for you. I want to throw out our t.v....I feel like it sucks life away from us.
miss you and love you.
Claire
oh and ive been thinking about your self absorbed comment. that is not at all self absorbed to cherish the stories you have gathered of your family...you are dlighting in the archiving of those memories...
Post a Comment